The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- A CPA.
- 2-3 years of experience within a public accounting firm focusing on publicly traded entities preferred.
- Expertise in MS Office programs, including advanced Excel skills.
- Strong financial statement preparation and consolidation experience and familiarity with GL.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Infinium, HFM, and XBRL experience is preferred.
- Self-motivation and a team-player approach.
- A strong detail orientation.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to see challenges as opportunities, not as road blocks.
- A "con do" attitude and a willingness to raise a hand without being prompted.
- A professional demeanor and leadership skills.
- A sense of urgency and the ability to work in an environment with multiple and frequently concurrent deadlines.
- The ability to demonstrate excellent communication and critical-thinking skills, working effectively with the Manager, Director, and various levels of personnel in other departments.
- The ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
The RoleReporting to the Manager, Consolidated Financial Reporting (CFR), as Senior Accountant, CFR, you will be responsible for completing all periodic and annual reporting to the Securities and Exchange Commission and for completing various non-SEC reports for the Company. We’re building out the Financial Statements team, which will include a small team of approximately 10 professionals. As one of the key Senior Accountants, you will play a critical role in executing many aspects of financial reporting as well as private offering memorandums, and assist with other SEC filings such as registration statements.
Working closely with the Corporate Accounting and Property Reporting groups, as well as a variety of other leaders and departments, your activities consolidating financial statements will support all 52 properties within the Caesars portfolio.
Specifically, you will:
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and quarterly SEC Reporting (10-Ks, 10 Qs, 8-Ks) for the separate reporting entities.
- Consolidate monthly, quarterly and annual financial data required for internal and external use including the following:
- Balance sheet
- Statements of comprehensive income
- Statements of cash flows
- Various other financial statement schedules used in SEC and non-SEC reporting, including but not limited to the following: write-downs, reserves, and recoveries; intangible assets; earnings per share calculations; other comprehensive income and equity reconciliations; commitments and contingencies; leases; reconciliation of net income to EBITDA; reconciliation of cash paid for interest
- Perform analysis on the consolidated entity including:
- Analytics on all financial statements
- Operating results including variance analysis
- Prepare and post consolidation entries required for the various reporting structures.
- Document internal controls.
- Coach and train staff.
- Review staff work.
- Perform accounting research and write summaries and conclusions on such. Prepare information to be used in quarterly and annual footnotes and Management’s Discussion and Analysis tables.
- Manage additional research and special projects as requested.
Why CaesarsVariety and intriguing challenges -- with 52 properties offering a varied array of entertainment options and more than 600 corporate companies, you can expect to enjoy a steady stream of unique challenges and interact with a wide field of internal contacts. Because of the breadth of the role, we guarantee that you will add to your skill-set and never be bored.
Visibility and impact -- this is a highly visible position at the heart of the CFR and accounting organization. You can make an impact in short-order and over the long-run. You’ll be challenged to make improvements and undertake special projects. We're looking for someone who is proactive and eager to take on a variety of diverse projects that stretch beyond the scope of the role. It's important to note that the results of our work are visible to the general public, and the CEO of Caesars gets direct questions from the investment community based on the results of our work. If this sounds exciting and challenging to you, this role could be a perfect fit.
Career options -- we are hiring with an eye to the future and, once you have proven yourself in this role, you may take on additional responsibilities or pursue other opportunities within our organization. In fact, the role is open to support our ongoing growth and continuous expansion initiatives.
Autonomy and support -- the Director, CFR, believes strongly in hiring the best talent and giving them the space they need to do their job. Of course if you need support, she’ll provide it, eliminating roadblocks and helping you achieve optimal output. She's a hands-off manager, but in order for her to stay current, you’ll need to keep her updated on projects, action items and any other orders of business. She's looking for a Senior Accountant who is comfortable in front of our senior leadership team and is proactive about communicating and sharing results.
Great environment -- we understand everyone has special talents, and we strive to help our people make the most of their abilities in the pursuit of their career goals. After all, energy, excitement and entertainment are what make Caesars Entertainment Corporation the leader in the hotel and casino industry.
Diversity and stability -- our portfolio includes such well-respected brands as Caesars, Harrah’s, Horseshoe, Bally’s, Flamingo, Grand Biloxi, Harvey's, Imperial Palace, Paris, Planet Hollywood, Rio and Showboat. We operate casinos in the US, United Kingdom, Egypt, South Africa and Uruguay, as well as several golf clubs in the US and China. This diversified international profile (along with $8.8 billion in revenues) gives us the stability to continue growing and thriving. In fact, we recently opened Horseshoe Casino Cleveland (pictured), Ohio's first full-service casino.
A higher standard -- Caesars Entertainment's Code of Commitment governs its relationships with its casino guests, employees and the communities where Caesars Entertainment's resorts are located. We also have guidelines for advertising and marketing practices on a national, regional and local basis. With these two measures, the company sets a higher standard for accountability in its dealings with its employees, customers, and communities.
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive salary and bonus incentive program, we offer comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage; a 401(k) plan; and more. Our corporate headquarters features an employee dining room offering free lunches.
Keys to SuccessIn addition to your demonstrated knowledge of consolidated financial reporting, to excel in this highly visible role you will be flexible, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and an excellent communicator. As you already understand, SEC deadlines don’t move and work will need to be re-done at times depending on transactions and the current needs of the business. This will require a positive attitude and the ability to see challenges not as roadblocks, but as opportunities to learn and improve processes.
We’re looking for someone with a curious mind who will raise a hand without being prompted and is willing to go above and beyond what is required in order to get the job done.
Your efforts will be highly rewarded via the knowledge and experience you gain working with hands-on technical professionals who are already members of the Caesars team.
About UsCaesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its customers through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. We concentrate on building loyalty and value for our customers, employees, business partners, and communities by being the most service-oriented, technology-driven, geographically-diversified company in gaming.
At Caesars Entertainment, over 70,000 employees each make a unique contribution to our guests' experiences, and to our ultimate success. From nurturing a sense of team with co-workers to improving the quality of life in their communities, Caesars sets the standard of excellence in the gaming industry with employees who are devoted to delivering truly great service. Our employees are critical to our success.
Environmental sustainability at Caesars Entertainment integrates strategic direction with the grass roots energy, innovation and passion of our 70,000 employees. In 2011 we announced a broad set of quantitative two-to-five-year sustainability goals. These include targets for carbon emissions reduction, energy conservation, renewable energy, alternative fuels, water consumption, waste diversion/recycling, LEED building standards and supply chain.
Pictured: Harrah's Resort Atlantic City. With its sophisticated marina setting and infinite roster of world-class resort amenities, Harrah's Resort has become the premiere Atlantic City destination, boasting the tallest hotel tower and so much non-stop action, our guests wish their stays could last a lifetime.